Today, the name of the recipe that we are going to talk about is Lobia Curry Masala, It must have been known from the name that we are going to use Lobia in this recipe. Lobia, which is known by different names, many people call it Rongi, many people call it by the name of small beans, if spoken in English, it is known as Black Eye Beans or Black Eye Peas.
Lobia looks like kidney beans and it tastes a bit like a kidney bean in food. It is also red, black and brown in color. Lobia is also another name kidney bean. Let us know how to make Lobia Masala Curry like Restaurant:
Lobia Curry Masala Recipe
1 and 1/2 Cup Lobia Beans
1 Dalchini (Chinnamon)
1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
Red Chilies/Green Chilies
2 Tomato Paste
1/2 Table Spoon Turmeric Power
2 Table Spoon Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Table Spoon Garam Masala
Salt (According Taste)
Method To Make -
1. To make Lobiya Curry Masala, first, soak 1 ½ cup Lobia at night for 5 to 6 hours so that it soaks up the water and boils quickly while boiling.
2. After soaking for 5 to 6 hours, wash the Lobia with clean water and put 3 to 4 cups of water and a teaspoon of salt in the pressure cooker and keep it for boiling.
3. To boil the Lobiya, wait for 3 seats of the cooker, that check whether the Black eye bean is boiling properly, if not boiling then allow 1 more city to come.
4. Once the Lobia is cooked properly, separate it from the water and keep it cool.
5. Now to make curry masala, take a pan and heat it by adding 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil, then put a piece of dalchini in the oil, a bay leaf (Tez Patta), a spoonful of cumin, and add small chopped onion and mix all the things.
6. Stir the onion till it becomes brown in color and add 2 chopped red chilies or green chilies together.
7. Once the onion turns brown, add 2 tomato paste mixed with it, 2 spoons of ginger and garlic paste, and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Then add one teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon coriander powder, and half teaspoon turmeric to this mixer and roast this spice well until the oil separates from it.
9. When the oil starts separating from the spices, add boiled Lobia to it and mix it well, after adding the spices, add a cup of hot water and mix it again.
10. Allow everyone to cook on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes and cover with a lid.
11. After the Lobia curry is cooked, add one spoon of garam masala and chopped coriander and mix it, then cook for 1 to 2 more minutes to thicken the spices.
12. Take a big pot and add Lobia curry to it, because now we are going to put it in the tempering.
13. To apply Tadka, take a pan and add a spoonful of desi ghee to it, along with a spoon of cumin seeds, 2 chopped garlic cloves, ¼ chopped onions (don't use them if you don't like eating sprinkled onions), Add ½ teaspoon red chili powder and a little chopped coriander, then cook for 1 minute.
14. Add hot tempering to the Lobia curry. Here your Lobiya Masala Curry is ready.
Serving with - You can eat it with roti, paratha, or rice.
Lobia Benefits (Lobia Nutrition)
Cowpea (Lobia bean) is good in taste and is included in a regular diet due to various minerals and nutrients. What are the main benefits of lobia?
1. It is an excellent source of soluble dietary fiber and protein that plays an important role in correcting the amount of poor cholesterol present in our blood plasma.
2. Cowpea (Lobia) is full of antioxidant properties, so its consumption of beans helps us to get rid of harmful free radicals. This means that regular intake can prevent the growth of cancer cells.
3. Lobia contains a high amount of iron which eliminates anemia and also contains a high amount of magnesium which is necessary for the metabolism of glucose and carbohydrate. According to research, eating magnesium-containing food the probability of type 2 diabetes is reduced by 15%.
4. Lobiya contains calcium and phosphorus which are important minerals for maintaining the strength and structure of bones.
5. Cowpea is very useful for dealing with spleen, pancreatic, and stomach problems. It tones these organs well and provides convenience in their functions, besides these beans help in the intestine actions in your body.
6. Lobia is low-fat and low-calorie beans that are very beneficial for weight loss, it is a very nutritious diet for overweight people that helps in weight loss.
7. Cowpea contains threonine which helps in strengthening the immune system by promoting the production of antibodies.
8. Lobia contains Vitamin A and Vitamin C. There are two most beneficial ingredients for our skin, it helps in keeping our skin alive.
9. It contains the amino acid, phenylalanine, which is an effective way to relieve depression. 10. Being an excellent source of Antioxidants, it is very effective for our hair. Cowpea works as a very good solution to prevent hair loss.
Follow Our Facebook Page